Friday, February 1, 2008

Tres Weeks In...Still Going Strong!

Tomorrow the group leaves for Madrid and we are all so excited! This will be a great chance for me to see the major cities of Spain and see some amazing architecture with some great people. This trip is very life changing for me; I finally feel comfortable here and am excited for the months ahead. It has taken me awhile to get to this level, there has been ups and downs to this trip but I'm understanding that they are all part of this experience.

Our first project was presented yesterday. Eric and Christi made this jury very relaxing for us which is nice because as much as I like to dress up to present i feel that the relaxing attitude made me understand what is important in this trip. I feel so privileged to have Eric Jenkins and Christi Cole as our teacher, even though Christi is new to this kind of teaching, they both have so much to teach us and are great at what they do. I personally enjoy the drawing side of architecture and always looking to learn more and hope to perfect my technique.

I'm really enjoying this city. I have learn that it has a very old feeling for two reasons, one because it has old buildings and its very historic and two is that it is very behind on the same things that America has done like music, transportation, etc. I have been exposed to so many different American cities but i have never seen anything like Barcelona and I'm loving every minute of it. Though I'm missing friends and family a lot I have been trying to understand that need to enjoy this once in a life time opportunity. I finally got to say hello to my new niece told, one word..."WOW". She is beautiful and so small, I am so proud and luck to have the family that I do and this makes it much harder. Well its time for me to go and pack for the trip!!!!

No comments: